By the mid 19th century the increasing population at Tutshill saw the need for a third place of worship in the parish.
St Luke’s was designed by Henry Woodyer and consecrated by the Bishop of Gloucester on August 12th 1853. A new aisle was added in 1872 and in 1995 an extension ‘St Luke’s room’ was added.
Next door to the church is Church Cottage which at one time housed the village school, the school is now situated adjacent to the churchyard.
Church Cottage was at one time the home of Harry Potter author J K Rowling.
More information on this and the other churches of the parish can be found in our publication The Churches and Chapels of Tidenham Parish.