Adjacent to Beachley churchyard are the graves of almost 100 German and Italian soldiers who were held as Prisoners of War in the Chepstow area in WW2. Four German POWS from WW1 were buried in the main churchyard but were removed to the German Military Cemetery, Cannock Chase where the four men are now buried side by side.
Their names are:
Gefreiter Walter Kaufmann who died on November 19th 1918
Reservist Robert Kostka who died March 3rd 1918
Pioneer Arno Hermann Schilling who died November 24th 1918
Gefreiter Walter Bette who died February 2nd 1919